Legion Memorial Ball Park - Maintenance Procedures
The St. Albert Minor Baseball Association is fortunate to call Legion Memorial Ball Park home. Legion is one of the premiere amateur ball parks in the province and is primarily maintained by volunteer members. In order to maintain this great facility, we ask that the following maintenance guidelines be followed:
- The HOST Team (St Albert) or St. Albert Team playing is responsible for maintenance of the diamond.
- Bases must be put away and anchor plugs re-installed at the conclusion of games and practices.
- Home plate and pitcher's rubber are not to be removed.
- Baselines to be raked at the conclusion of all games. Grass edges swept of shale.
- Dugouts and press boxes must be swept after each game.
- Pitching mounds must be repaired nightly after each use.
- Tarps must be placed on home plate area and pitcher's mound EACH NIGHT regardless of existing/forecasted weather conditions. Anchor spikes must be pounded in up to the stop washer, last team on the diamond is responsible to ensure this is completed.
- Tarps must be placed on the bullpens each night regardless of exisiting/forecasted weather conditions. Anchor spikes must be pounded in up to the stop washer, last team on the diamond is responsible to ensure this is completed.
- Hitting and Pitching mats must be used during batting practice (Helmets are mandatory).
- Under NO circumstances are the bullpens, mounds, or plates to have any clay removed for any reason.
- All portable batting tunnels must be lowered and stored in the appropriate areas after each use.
- Rubber Batting mat's (Bantam/Midget diamonds) will be used for practices.
- All screens/L-screens will be stored behind or inside the dugouts and locked up after each use.
- All garbage within the diamonds fenced areas and around/under the bleachers shall be picked up and placed in the garbage barrels after each use.
- No vehicles are allowed off the pavement area or allowed on any grassed areas for any reason.
- All doors (storage/press boxes) and diamond gates must be LOCKED at the end of practices or games.
- Teams hosting on a weekend MUST assign a family member to sweep/clean and restock toiletries (hand towel/toilet paper) in the clubhouse washrooms on a hourly bases throughout the day. Supplies are stored in lower Janitor Room. Lock Box key opens door.
- Ensure that if you are the last team at Legion Field ALL the Clubhouse Doors are LOCKED prior to leaving. Any costs for clean-up or damages incurred due to vandalism, etc., for failure to due so will be the responsibility of last team at the field.
- Midget Field lights MUST be turned off within 15 minutes after the game has ended.
- All speakers are secured in the lower Janitor Room. Lock Box key opens room.
- If you have suggestions for our diamonds or would like something specific to be done, contact the Facilities.
- The Facilities and/or Head Grounds Kepper shall rule over use of the diamonds in questionable weather/field conditions.
Failure to abide by the above mentioned guidelines will result in team fines and/or loss of use of the facility, regardless of purpose, team or division/level of play.
SAMBA's Facility Fine System Guide will be enforced for ALL Infractions.
Please contact Facilities for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.