Vulnerable Sector Check
All coaches and individuals that volunteer with SAMBA are required to have a vulnerable sector check done. These background checks are designed to ensure that our kids have a safe place to learn and develop. Background checks must be done each year and are not transferable between sports. For example, if you received a background check as a hockey coach 6 months prior to this, you must apply for a new one.
This process must be completed with the results turned into SAMBA before the specific teams season begins.
- A request for Vulnerable Sector Check on SAMBA letter head signed by an executive will be given to each coach/volunteer. To request this letter, contact.
- Bring this letter along with 2 pieces of Government issued photo ID to St. Albert RCMP detachment: (Note: Individuals that live outside St Albert will need to go to detachments responsible for their home area)
96 Bellerose Drive
St. Albert, AB T8N 7A4
780-458-4300 (Administration Number)
- Fill out the form at the RCMP detachment.
- You will be contacted by the RCMP when this process is complete and the results are ready to be picked up. It is very common for fingerprints to be required, in this event you will need to schedule an appointment with the RCMP. Finger prints are electronic and each appointment is approximately one hour, with results usually being ready to be taken home at the end of the appointment.
- This background check will then need to be delivered or mailed to SAMBA by:
St Albert Minor Baseball Association
P.O. Box 218
St Albert AB, T8N 1N3
Scan your background check and email to:
(Please ensure the scanned image is high quality and type “CRC” in the subject of the email.)